Wednesday, 15 March 2017

Visit to aer Blowdry Bar



Not all blow-dry bars are created equal as I was about to find out when I visited aer Blowdry Bar in South Kensington, London.

Most rush to get you in and out. And many do not know how to blow-dry hair properly. Not this one. It, unlike so many, does not try to penny pinch. Everything used appears to be good quality and, moreover, it is spotlessly clean.

Decked out with white-washed walls, stripped back lights and shared stations, it is chic with an edgy feel. It has a nice friendly ambience. You are made to feel at home as soon as you step foot in the salon. 






My stylist, Valentino, a session hairdresser from Rome, asked me how I would like my hair. I told him I wanted it straight, especially as it was rather humid outside. We decided that my locks should also have a treatment as the salon is launching its Hair Spa which offers a menu of therapies to rejuvenate your tresses be they coloured, frizzy, dry, lacklustre or even an flaky scalp. Whatever your concerns aer will have a solution.

The treatment, to my surprise, was not rushed. We plumped for a moisturising one using Oribe products. Valentino did a good blow-dry. He did not pull my hair at all yet managed to create enough tension to get it super smooth.

It looked glossy, thanks to the moisturising masque, and felt lovely to the touch. It must have been a good blow-dry because it survived the rain and looked great for a few days.

There is also a menu of beauty treatments including manicures. 

If you are looking for a blow-dry bar that stands out from the crowd, this is it. 

By Daralyn Danns

Blow-dries start from £35. For more details visit aerblowdrybar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment