Monday 6 October 2014

Mane attraction



If you want your hair to turn heads, then snipper Michael Charalambous is the man to get an appointment with. Not only can he actually cut hair (so many of the top names fail to live up to expectations) Michael excels in producing cuts that always make you look expensive.

You always know the mark of a good hair cut – it falls back into place when you style it yourself and with Michael’s cuts it always does.

This time Michael took off a couple of centimetres so that is now a flattering shoulder-length without any layers. My hair now has a lot more body and bounce.





“We are now seeing cuts with a lot less layers,” said Michael. “Volume may be back but it should still look natural and not too overworked. The colour should look as if you were born with it.”

According to the maestro, it is all about the health of the hair. I had my hair washed and conditioned using products from the luxurious French brand, Leonor Greyl. My locks felt and looked great. This brand may have a hefty price tag, but they are worth every penny.

Michael styled my hair with some slight movement instead of drying it under. It was softer and extremely flattering and lasted for days!  Even what I dried it myself, it looked good, well not as good as when I left the salon, but that is why London’s cognoscenti have this man on speed dial.

By Daralyn Danns

Michael Charalambous (nyumbasalon.com) has recently opened a stunning new salon at 1 Sloane Square, London SW1