Thursday 17 November 2016

A visit to Paul Edmonds salon, Knightsbridge, London



Paul Edmonds has been making his mark on the hairdressing industry for several years and has earned a reputation for his quality work.

His salon in London attracts A-listers as well as local residents and, of course, those in the know. As you walk in there is a buzz. From babies to ladies of a certain age, I found there was an eclectic clientele so whoever you are you feel at home straight away.  

I first met my stylist Siobhan when she came to visit me at the Sofitel St James. The hotel was holding an exhibition called La Parisienne by Sofitel, which paid homage to the Parisian sense of style and on its menu of La Parisienne style experiences there was an opportunity to have one of Paul Edmonds’s team visit the hotel to give you that Parisian glamour. 




So, here I was again putting my locks into her hands. Siobhan had got the measure of my hair. She said that to help combat frizz, she would put a treatment on. Shu Uemura Art of Hair Instant Replenisher Full Revitalizing Serum (£33, Paul Edmonds) was selected as it was light and would not weigh my hair down but would condition as it contained magnolia oil.

After washing my hair again with Shu Uemura products, I had a lovely head massage before returning to Siobhan to transform me. She applied a quick spritz of Shu Uemura Art of Hair Wonder Worker (£22, Paul Edmonds), a primer for hair, and then set to work.

While products help, the real difference is in the skill of the person who blow-dries your hair. Siobhan knows how to work that Parlux dryer.

I told Paul he should hope that I never win the lottery because I would want her to be my personal hairdresser.

 By Daralyn Danns

 For more information about Paul Edmonds visit pauledmonds.com