Wednesday 27 July 2022

The chic bob

 


My trusted hair guru, Michael Charalambous, had his scissors ready to take the last layer out of my hair.

After two and a quarter years, I have finally got my hair to one length. “The perfect length for your hair is just touching the shoulders,” he said. “Obviously, if you wear it curly, it will look shorter.”

What I adore about Michael is that he is always tweaking my style, so I never go back to what I had before.

For as long as I can remember, I have had a side parting, but no longer. Michael created a centre parting (actually, just off centre) to make my bob look more modern. It also shows of my colour to perfection.

 

 


 

 

While Michael says, at the moment, he is not seeing any major trends coming through, he has seen a resurgence in the popularity of hair extensions. A good trick, if you suffer from frizz, is to go for clip-in hair ones and wear your locks in a high ponytail.

Another tip from the mane man. If you want to wear your hair sleek and want it to last, after blow-drying, run straighteners quickly through large sections of your hair. You want to keep the use of them to a minimum to avoid heat damage.

I left the salon looking and feeling glamourous. I learnt something as well.

By Daralyn Danns

 

For inspiration visit nyumbasalon.com or follow on instagram.com/nyumbasalon