Monday 1 September 2014

A touch of freshness







Mac Sheertone Breath of Plum


Recently, I have been ditching my warm-toned blushers and swapping them for ones that are cooler.

I realised that I had picked up on a trend when make-up guru and MAC's director of make-up artistry, Terry Barber, at the company’s autumn/winter 2014 trends presentation, confirmed a liking for fresher looking cheeks.

According to Terry, make-up for autumn/winter 2014 is about taking a real face and building on reality.

For me and I am sure many other women, colours that look natural on the face are plummy tones rather than beiges and browns.

One of the best blushers that I have tried in a long time is the Mac Sheertone Breath of Plum (£18). This highly-pigmented powder gives you a natural-looking flush that lifts your complexion. You only need a light dusting.

During the day I am pairing this with Mac’s Clear Lipglass (£14.50). When I want a little more colour, I plump for Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Richer Raisin (£17), a sheer brown-plum.

This pairing gives me a more radiant version of myself.

By Daralyn Danns