Monday 15 December 2014

Spotlight on L’Oréal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner



Having tested so many hair products over the years, I am always sceptical about new products that claim to give you “the hair of your dreams”. 

However even though that shampoos and conditioners won’t change the texture of my hair, I am always excited to try something new just in case that it really can improve the look and feel of my tresses making them shiny and sleek, without too much styling, when I wash them.






So having to cope with particularly frizzy hair due to the recent humid conditions, I have to admit being lured to try the recently launched L’Oréal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Shampoo for very dry dull rebellious hair (£2.89, Boots) and conditioner for dry to very dry hair (£3.99, Boots).

I liked the scent which always helps. A cocktail of six mirco flower oils, this shampoo nourishes while cleaning, leaving me with super soft hair. 






According to L’Oréal Paris, most shampoos contain surfactants which cleanse the hair, but as they are negatively charged can also strip the hair of its natural oils.

Both of the new shampoos (there is also one for dry and fine hair), the company says, contain positively charged polymers that cling to the driest parts of the hair which are negatively charged. In short, it helps smooth down the rough scales. 

Fascinating stuff, but does it make a difference? Well, my mane wasn’t weighed down and it did feel lovely and smooth. I did add a few drops of hair oil to the conditioner which I applied to the mid-lengths and ends.

If you have dry over-processed hair that is difficult to keep smooth, give this range a whirl.

By Daralyn Danns