Monday 1 December 2014

Spotlight on Clinique’s 3-Step Skin Care System



Clinique was the range that I turned to as a teenager having an oily, yet delicate complexion. Since its launch in 1968, it had been gaining a reputation for helping those with sensitive skin and the fact that it was the first dermatologist-created prestige cosmetic brand had me at the counter.  





Over the passage of time I have tried several other makes as I write about beauty, but I have always included some of Clinique’s great products in my beauty routine.

After hearing about a couple of exciting new editions to the collection, I decided to go back and try the Clinique’s legendary 3-Step Skin Care System. Armed with a starter kit 1 which is for a dry/combination skin and, I was told, suitable for people like me. I was once described by a leading dermatologist as “sensitive”.

Clinique’s ethos is that a daily cleansing, exfoliating and moisturising routine results in skin looking great.

Gone was the facial bar soap (although I understand you can still buy it) which has been replaced with the Liquid Facial Soap, extra mild and the Clarifying Lotion 1, a gentler version than the one I had before. The fabled yellow Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion has been reformulated (it now has + sign after it) with a barrier-strengthening complex and includes humectants, hyaluronic acid, glycerine, and urea.

After using itmy skin behaved well and looked good. The range has expanded over the years and now includes a variety of products which address a variety of concerns.








Thanks to the new Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush (£79) that Clinique has recently launched, a deep quick cleanse, for me, has just got easier. This brush is specially angled to get into the area around the nose and leaves skin primed ready for whatever beauty treatments you use next. The brush has worked on my sensitive skin, so it should be suitable for most people.
 
Essences have proved to be big business in the Asian markets and they could be about to get a lot bigger here, which made me tempted to try one to see what all the hype is about.






Clinique’s new Even Better Essence Lotion for very dry to dry combination (£30) was my product of choice. Similar to a toner, it is said to infuse the skin with instant hydration and radiance. Not only are you supposed to see immediate results but, over time, you can expect to see an improvement in the condition of your complexion. Bursting with antioxidants, this superb moisturising essence left my skin feeling lovely and soft. There is also one for oily skins.

With all these innovative goodies coming to counter, I’m sure Clinique will be around for many more years to come.

By Daralyn Danns