Friday 6 November 2015

A wardrobe necessity – jeans



When it comes to travelling, it is always hard to know what to pack. In this instance, I knew that in the following weeks I was going to be doing quite a few trips including a cruise and a couple of capital cities.

As the weather in Europe can vary at this time of year, the big question was what to take?  Answer: a pair of jeans. (Of course, I was going to include a few dresses for more formal events.)

So it was off to Levi’s to check out its new Lot 700 jeans (prices from £85). The jeans from this company always fit so well and last far longer than a lot of the expensive labels that I have bought in the past. Well, this company has been making jeans for men for over 140 years and has had over 80 years’ experience in producing women’s. As this, reputedly, makes it the oldest brand for ladies on the market, its jeans have to be exceptional to have stood the test of time. As denim has evolved over the years, so has Levi’s.

This new range offers something for women of all shapes and sizes. Sorted by leg shape each style is given is own number. The range comprises Super Skinny, 710, (tight straight down to the ankle), Skinny 711 (not as tight from the calf to the ankle) and High-Rise Skinny 721,( close-fit with a highish waist.) Slim 712 and Straight 714. If you are a fan of the bootcut jean, go for 715. All come in a variety of washes and colours that flatter your figure in all the right places.




Super Skinny 710 




There are always advancements in the world of fabrics. This range uses material that has superb stretch so that it holds its shape better than ever before as well as enhancing your figure.

While bootcut jeans are perfect for women that have curvy hips, the 721 is great for petites. I find that the high rise skinny jeans elongate my legs. I also was advised by Levi’s tailor not to have them shortened to the ankle as this can make your legs appear shorter. Instead she suggested that I roll them up to achieve the same effect.

I chose a pair in black as I wanted a pair that was easy to dress down but to look smart for those occasions where I wanted to look a bit more polished.



Slim 712  




For travelling I paired my jeans with a T-shirt and trainers. They surpassed expectations and really kept their shape despite having plenty of wear and tear.

To go out in the evening, I changed to heels and put on a dressy top. Not only did I look good, I felt good. 

I am also wearing them with a tailored jacket when I need to be more formally styled, a leather jacket for more casual occasions and with ankle boots and a long cardigan on colder days.

These jeans are such a great fit, no saggy knees and so versatile, you never have the dilemma of what to wear with a pair of these in your wardrobe.

By Daralyn Danns