Wednesday 26 June 2013

A visit to Errol Douglas



With a hot date planned for the evening, what better occasion could I have than to put my tresses in the hands of Knightsbridge’s mane man, Errol Douglas? One of the industry’s most respected stylists, the award-winning Errol is renowned for his superb trend-led styling. He is also the brand ambassador for Morroccanoil.

As the weather was rather humid, this was a good opportunity to put the products to the test. I am already a fan of the oil, but Errol told me that to get full benefit I should wash my hair with the shampoo and conditioner from the range.

Errol spent a lot of time talking to me and looking at my hair before he got me shampooed. This, to me, is the mark of a good hairdresser. So many salons don’t spend enough time discussing the client’s hair.




After washing, the Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Conditioner was “cocktailed” with the Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask. Errol believes in mixing products together. He also told me that it takes around six to seven weeks for hair to get used to a new shampoo and conditioner.

“Women often use too much conditioner,” he says. “Start with small amounts and work it through all the hair, not just the top layer. Use a treatment once a week, or every fortnight, if your hair is fine and use a lighter conditioner in-between.”

He also cautions on overloading your tresses with product. “Put a small amount of your finger and work through mid-lengths to ends.” On my hair, Errol used Moroccanoil Frizz Control mixed with the oil.

Errol decided to bring out the movement in my hair, so he styled it using a round brush. After doing each section, he rolled it up and pinned it. Once  the hair had  cooled down,  he loosened the curls. A spritz of hairspray and I was good to go. My hair looked great and it actually kept for four days, pretty impressive.

By Daralyn Danns

Errol Douglas (www.erroldouglas.com)