Wednesday 20 August 2014

Spotlight on Dove Advanced Hair Series: Youthful Vitality



Working for a considerable time in the beauty industry, I have tried a countless number of hair ranges at all price points. In recent years, I found myself using more and more shampoos and conditioners from mass market ranges – even though I still have favourites from superb high-end ranges such as Leonor Greyl.

Dove is one of my go-to brands and I have lots of its body washes and lotions propping up my bathroom cabinet shelves. I have also discovered it is rather good at making hair products. You don’t have to spend a fortune as formulas can be similar to those of the expensive brands. To ensure the best results, buy the correct product for your hair type. 





I recently put the new Dove Youthful Vitality range, part of the Advanced Hair Series to the test. The products are meant to give a boost to ageing, dry and thinning hair. Thankfully, although I may have a oily scalp and dry ends, I have plenty of hair. But, as the formulas are gentle, I thought I would give them a whirl.

The shampoo (£5.99) and conditioner (£5.99) infused with cysteine rich-protein and elasto-lipids, left my mane feeling soft and silky and did pump up the volume without weighing it down. 

In my books, the hero is the BB cream (£6.99). It helped to invigorate my hair. I also used it during the day, mixed with a couple of drops of the Dove Pure Care Dry Oil (£9.99, suitable for all hair types), infused with African macadamia oil, when I had a frizz attack. It did make a noticeable difference.  

The Youthful Vitality collection is another winner for Dove. 

By Daralyn Danns