Friday 17 June 2016

Spotlight on Chanel Le Duo Vernis Longue Tenue



When it comes to choosing nail polish we want a colour we like and flatters our hands or/and feet and we also want it to be durable.


Le Gel Coat


So I was pleased to see that Chanel has recently reformulated its Le Vernis and teamed it with Le Gel Coat (Duo Set Le Vernis and Le Gel Coat, £36, limited edition) which, the company says, lasts up to six days.

Le Vernis Ballerina


One of my favourite Chanel colours of all time is Ballerina, a pretty nude pale pink that works with everything. I tried the new formulation loaded with bioceramics which help prevent it chipping, and ceramides which helps care for the nails. 

After applying the colour, which I am pleased to say went on easily and did not streak, I used Le Gel Coat that provided my nails with a beautiful sheen which looked classy. Some gel polishes can look like you have covered your nails in plastic.


Le Vernis Garçonne


A plus point of this long-lasting gel is that it contains an oligomer energised by natural light so no UV lamps are needed.

My colour lasted almost a week and chips were hardly noticeable. I was thrilled. The 15 colours, as you would expect from Chanel, are so great that I am now starting to start to be a bit more adventurous. I am loving Garçonne, a gorgeous grey tinged with green.

By Daralyn Danns