Wednesday 17 August 2016

Getting ahead with Eugene Souleiman



To get the opportunity to have a styling session with the legendary Eugene Souleiman who creates the trends that others want to emulate was an opportunity not to be missed.

On my way to the Wella Professionals press launch, I had had a thorough soaking. My hair was showing the effects of humidity when I put it in the hands of the maestro.

“It is easy to smooth out your hair,” Eugene exclaimed. Well, it is if you are one of the most acclaimed hairdressers on the planet as well as being global creative director of care and styling for Wella Professionals.



Eugene at work


He rebuked me for trying too hard to get it smooth. “Leave it to dry naturally and then use your dryer to straighten the top layer out."

Eugene also tried to convince me to have a short haircut instead of my classic bob hair. Still not sure about that as my hair needs weight to hold it down. But, who knows maybe one day?

I put his drying method to the test and found it to be easier to work with hair that is slightly damp. It was a good tip. 

Wella Professionals Oil Reflections (£7.59) is a product that I love. I prepped my hair with it before styling to help protect it from the heat. (A lighter version is coming next year.) I finished with Sebastian Professional Sublimate (£18) a super finishing crème which seems to get rid of those nasty frizzy bits that you can get when blow-drying yourself and helps to make the hair shiny.  

After being in the hands of Eugene, I felt wonderful. If only he could come to my home and do my hair every day, I would always have sleek hair.

By Daralyn Danns