Wednesday 13 November 2013

Levi’s revolutionises buying jeans




Every woman is on a never-ending mission to discover the perfect pair of jeans. One of the most useful items in our wardrobe, it always seems to be the hardest to find.

For years I used to spend hundreds of pounds on designer jeans. Most of the time, I realised that I was buying for the name and not much more. The brand I was buying at the time changed the fit and I desperately needed a new pair as I was going away on a press trip. Jeans are great for daywear. They also take care of the problem of having to put sunscreen on your legs, which invariably ends up on your clothes.

As I exhausted all the brands in Harvey Nichols – none fitted – I decided to head for the Levi’s store on Regent Street. With the help of an amazing sales assistant who has now gone back to Spain, we found a pair that looked great on. They shortened them free of charge and told they would be ready for me by the end of the afternoon. They were half the price of my normal brand and they lasted longer. Over the last few years the fit has got even better.

Levi’s now claims to have launched the perfect pair of jeans that is revolutionary and flattering to all shapes and sizes around the globe. The company’s website says Liquid Shaping Technology, which has been fused into the denim, provides hold and comfort that lifts, shapes and defines a woman’s body.  The new Revel jeans (from £90, levi.com/GB) are said to be set to change our lives. Are they? Will a pair of jeans really shape me and make my butt look better and my legs appear longer? There was only way to find out – try them.







The jeans come in three different fits, Slight, Demi and Bold and in a variety of finishes, washes, colours in skinny or straight leg.

According to Levi's, “While other brands have jeans with shaping panels or inserts that many women find uncomfortable, the magic of Revel jeans is in the liquid, which holds you in at the same time as being super comfortable.”

I was told as I was a between a Slight and a Demi, I could choose either. I went for black skinny in Demi. They did fit well. I liked the pocket placement which made my hips looked slimmer.

As they act like shapewear, I feared that having them on all day would feel like something was pulling at me to hold me in, especially after eating, and that I would be conscious of the fact I was wearing them.

Not the case, I just felt and looked better.

By Daralyn Danns